Yay! Sharks won! Against the Ducks! Now, I know that 2 points is 2 points - no matter who you beat but wins just feel better against the Ducks (and losses feel worse, but we don't have to worry about that tonight, do we?)
- Yay Patty! Our beloved ex-captain scored his 300th & 301st goals tonight. That's a lot of biscuits in the basket. He's now tied w/Ovie for the number 2 spot in the NHL scoring race. I guess that Thornton, Heatley, Marleau line's doing pretty well, eh? (Don't I sound Canadian!)
- I got a little nervous when Anaheim started scoring, but luckily the score stayed 5-2 to end the game. Once again, Boyle played a bazillion minutes and something that changed from last game was the amount of shots (per player and the amount of players shooting.) Getzlaf got cut up a bit and is now day to day. Although I hate the Ducks, I do wish him a speedy recovery - getting cut by a skate anywhere is super scary.
- When McGinn scores we win games (well he's scored in 6 different games and we've won all 6), so maybe we should give him the puck as much as possible?
- Rumor has it that Murray is on the Swedish Olympic team. We here at couchtarts are big Murray fans (for his playing/hitting and because he's cute) and salute him. For now. Not sure if I'll feel the same way when he's hitting Thornton or Boyle or Pavelski... We won't hear about the US or Canadian teams for a few more days but it looks like the Sharks will have a nice showing. Yay Olympics!
- Thornton has been assisting like its his job. Oh wait - it is his job. I know Slappy said to give the puck to Joe when he's in front of the net, but damn if he's too busy assisting others on their goals. He's been the point/assist leader in the NHL for awhile now.
Hopefully everyone's holidays went well and that you all enjoyed Boxing Day.